Home of genuine and kind audio lovers

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ enter as stranger, leave as friend ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

RegisterRegister  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Your favorite DAW?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Your favorite DAW?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Guess there's no forum without thread like this, so yeah Question

Kicking Reaper for now, have MuLab aside
Back to top Go down
http://audiolovers.gettalk.net
Lev
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite DAW?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Interesting! I mainly use FL Studio for drum programming,and stuff I like having filters on hand to put hp on cymbals and hi hats and stuff. I like having the control over my samples,especially if I need them shorter or whatever. I do a bit of my midi recording/sequencing in fl as well,but I will say I don't like it's quantize functions very much. Works great on 8th notes (My projects are generally around 120-170 bpm depending on what I'm doin) Anything over 8th notes tends to have to be fixed manually in piano roll.

Also FL11 doesn't record pitch bend or mod wheel by default which is annoying,so I keep 10 still,but no launchpad support or 64 bit in 10.

I'm very experienced in Cubase so I use it alot for recording audio or more intricate midi as it's quantize is rock solid. I tend to render each track to wav though and mix and master in FL. I swear I get cleaner mixes in FL with the circular panning law turned off and wav set to 256 or 512 point float when rendering the mixdown. It sounds strange but FL seems to give me cleaner mixes.

I like others though,I like Ableton's m4l stuff and drum racks and stuff,a friend has a push and it's a lot of fun.I like Live's gadgets,had fun toying with them.Never used it as a serious daw though.
I like Bitwig,it looks promising,has some cool features and seems user friendly.

I've had issues with timing in Cubase,when recording midi synced hardware,sometimes parts will be off a 64th note,I've had to drag parts to be a 64th note ahead of the bar.It's the strangest thing,it's another reason I use FL to arrange and mix after the fact. So I suppose I'd say I use FL more than any.Been with FL since version 3. It really depends what I'm doing though. If I was recording a band I'd use Cubase.
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite DAW?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Such an refreshing and insightful take on this subject, learned quite enough from it Idea

I started out with FL, I think it was 5, was using it till 10, 9 is what I dig I guess, because of playlist and all, but can't say I'm into it that much, Logic was kinda "that" DAW for me.

Now kinda really starting to appreciate Reaper, already made it to suit my workflow to some degree, only downside is not much stock content and main theme is not that inviting, so they left you to really make it how you want it to look and feel, kinda DAW when all DAW fails and you have time to mess around, but totally worth it by the end.
Back to top Go down
http://audiolovers.gettalk.net
BBKING23

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite DAW?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 am

Love fl studio, and any steinberg nuendo. Studio one is also fairly nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite DAW?   Today at 7:21 am

Back to top Go down

Your favorite DAW?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1