Home of genuine and kind audio lovers

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ enter as stranger, leave as friend ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

RegisterRegister  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Soundtoys 5 is Out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 am

Official Page

So there's no need for hardware dongle anymore, any of you guys even remotely excited about that or this is too expensive ride?

Sincerely, as much as I dig them, have hard time convincing myself that any of those tools I need badly, that quality of my mixes will be improved greatly and so on. No

Don't get me wrong, Echoboy for example wins hands down for "that' delay unit, for sure that bad boy would inspire some creative quality outcome, now have 4 delay units and Replika (which want work on XP probably, didn't even tried, but it's NI) and still they don't cover Echoboy entirely, it's no news I got hooked on that thing and it's no wonder I did, it's awesome delay unit, but still, can't convince myself that I really need it that badly.

What about you guys, some of you still on v4, any favorites, anything?  
Back to top Go down
http://audiolovers.gettalk.net
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:52 am

hey, Zeljko, members included,

did not have the time yet to check if there is some kind of an upgrade path, will do, gone legit with their stuff from about v4.x.x, same with the sonnox stuff, both having quite good percentage price discounts sometimes, bought all from them.

will point out the soundtoys pulg-ins in my usage, certainly the mileage of anybody will be quite different, also welcomed in the thread.

echoboy, many times there comes one preset for something that otherwise would not come into mind, timing wise, timbre wise, just playing around with it, usually great inspirating stuff.
of course, with, through, the usage of couple of other plug-ins, freebies included, you can achieve nearly the same results, but two things are undisputable, one is, the idea comes from echoboy, two is, the work required to reach for the ninety five percent of the sound coming out, through other solutions, is enormous in comparison.

decapitator, even with so many plug-ins within the similar task area, even after trying then using the uad version of the vertigo vsm-3, this one is the best for me, certainly for most tasks.
one has to find its sweet spot, which in my usage stays about under minus six dbfs, as the input drive position is more than sensitive to the level it gets.
my favourite is still the a(mpex) setting, for nearly every kind of source material, the complexity of the reaction of the nonlinearities in the plug-in, coming out as sound, as result, is, in my usage, mostly unbeatable, perhaps, in rare cases, the vertigo one comes out better.
the second most favourite mode, for me, is the t(riode termionic) selection, does wonders with source material of more transient content.
if, when, some source is in the hunger of some odd harmonics series addition, comes the p(entode termionic) setting, but here are loads more contenders, with different winning chances.
there is still the occasional n(eve) setting, used with transients, can even sound similarly to hot water bubbling in its reaction, quite likable in parallel, when such is needed.
have experimented with nearly all of the available stuff, again, with loads more work put into, with equalisation before, after, the other plug-ins, using these in parallel processing, adding dynamics processing, before, after, anything that comes to mind as possible solution, will cost loads more effort, reaching for the non-hundred percent result.

filter freak, even if the filters are not that outstanding, the analogue processing that is there, in all the plug-ins where applicable, causes them sounding outstanding, there are not many cases where one is able to get the same results with the loads more work using other softwares.

there was one occasion for that quite evil devil-loc deluxe, in making those somewhat burbling distortions audible in radio traffic, say, between planes, ground control, came out unbeatable.

am quite sure there will come some more into mind, for later additions, later editing, for now, this here what comes out from me brain.

best, for all of us, what is wished for...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 pm

@nadirtozenith wrote:
of course, with, through, the usage of couple of other plug-ins, freebies included, you can achieve nearly the same results, but two things are undisputable, one is, the idea comes from echoboy, two is, the work required to reach for the ninety five percent of the sound coming out, through other solutions, is enormous in comparison.

Nicely put, exactly, what it can inspire and what you can make out of it fast is worth it, now I'm missing that bad boy, such a lovely delay unit    

Quote :
decapitator, even with so many plug-ins within the similar task area, even after trying then using the uad version of the vertigo vsm-3, this one is the best for me, certainly for most tasks.
one has to find its sweet spot, which in my usage stays about under minus six dbfs, as the input drive position is more than sensitive to the level it gets.
my favourite is still the a(mpex) setting, for nearly every kind of source material, the complexity of the reaction of the nonlinearities in the plug-in, coming out as sound, as result, is, in my usage, mostly unbeatable, perhaps, in rare cases, the vertigo one comes out better.
the second most favourite mode, for me, is the t(riode termionic) selection, does wonders with source material of more transient content.
if, when, some source is in the hunger of some odd harmonics series addition, comes the p(entode termionic) setting, but here are loads more contenders, with different winning chances.
there is still the occasional n(eve) setting, used with transients, can even sound similarly to hot water bubbling in its reaction, quite likable in parallel, when such is needed.

That thing is really awesome, doesn't break the sound that much even if you go extreme with it or punish it  

I used it mainly on my synth lines as main distortion and it did job quite great, but see you got great mileage out of it, really awesome insight, thank you  

Quote :
have experimented with nearly all of the available stuff, again, with loads more work put into, with equalisation before, after, the other plug-ins, using these in parallel processing, adding dynamics processing, before, after, anything that comes to mind as possible solution, will cost loads more effort, reaching for the non-hundred percent result.

You are absolutely right, so spot on    

Quote :
filter freak, even if the filters are not that outstanding, the analogue processing that is there, in all the plug-ins where applicable, causes them sounding outstanding, there are not many cases where one is able to get the same results with the loads more work using other softwares.

That thing is ace too, for adding movement, but even as usual sweeping filter on analog mode, it sounds nice really  

Quote :
am quite sure there will come some more into mind, for later additions, later editing, for now, this here what comes out from me brain.

PanMan also, that's also one of the best for me in the bundle, it just got loads of options for that task and it does it superbly  

It's hard to resist now and convince myself again that Soundtoys are not needed, hope in near future I will be fortunate enough to get them, such an amazing plugins  

Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 pm

hey, members, thirsting, hopefully, for any update,

there is, according to the mail coming in today, the upgrade path hoped for, costing eighty five monetary units, those used in the land of the free, home of the brave.

me thinks, about christmas, they will provide great discounts, perhaps worth to wait it out, if there are no projects pushing for the buy.

best of the plug-ins, including loads more of bests, for all of us...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Smart call
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundtoys 5 is Out!   

Back to top Go down

Soundtoys 5 is Out!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top