Home of genuine and kind audio lovers

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ enter as stranger, leave as friend ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

RegisterRegister  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:24 pm

This DAW just might be perfect for him and hip hop, what do you guys think?

Dunno, it's different when you are starting out and messing around is not your second nature, so having that in mind, I'm approaching all this.

Having said all that, it seems to me Bitwig just might be the ticked, what gave enough of an argument is that clip recording/launching approach, drum racks and overall whole thing seems to be oriented around creating content, everything is click away and there, they really made it all fit in small space, which is perfect for laptops.

Gonna introduce him to Bitwig and see what happens, think he will flip out when he starts recording clips and launching them, trying things out and than dropping them in arrangement window  flower
Back to top Go down
http://audiolovers.gettalk.net
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

hey, sire,

all of what you write, might be so, have not tried bitwig here yet, somehow had no time for it, always planned, always came something stupid shyte being more important up.

just one question to consider, for him, as first program to begin with, is live suite not quite similar but somewhat wider in its possibilites?

hang me, shoot me, burn me, if am perfectly wrong, after reading most of the manual, me feels bitwig has enormous growth potential, but is already there?

hope he will flip out, then back, then out again, then many more time all of these, coming up with excellent things, wish you both all the best...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Bitwig creators are as you know already Ableton ex-workers/refugees, so there's loads of Live in Bitwig, but agree, it's still not quite there, still growing, still full of potential, but somehow, at least myself, leaning to it it more than Live.

Had Live by my side all the time, but never really kicked off with it, Bitwig on other side had my interest since beginning (mostly because they left track panel on left side, Live got them right, it's werid) and now I messed little more with it, don't know really, it's not that bad, have that creative edge that I never got in some of my previous DAW choices (Reaper, Logic, Cubase), but still I feel there's plenty to improve on., but overall, for the price and all, it's better deal than Live in my humble opinion for at least my friend.

This is "fun" DAW, so yeah, some solutions aren't there, it would be hard for me to settle on this one only, but for him, yeah, this is top notch, he can go nuts in it. bounce
Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 am

hey, all audio lovers,

planning to buy it, some months or versions later, there is that modular thing in it, planned by them in some later version, what me wants to see, verily say unto you. Very Happy

best...

later edit, post scriptum, does that added layer of its working based on java make the program somewhat more cycles hungry, or is it just similar to all other programs at the same task?
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:12 pm

@nadirtozenith wrote:
hey, all audio lovers,

planning to buy it, some months or versions later, there is that modular thing in it, planned by them in some later version, what me wants to see, verily say unto you. Very Happy

Ohh yeah, that's right, they planned it big for the v2, hope they nail it

Quote :
later edit, post scriptum, does that added layer of its working based on java make the program somewhat more cycles hungry, or is it just similar to all other programs at the same task?

Think overall Bitwig is hungry one, depends on your machine tho, I think from the get go he uses quite an lot of RAM and fast it start lagging, but I was comparing it to Reaper and MuLab only, maybe they will optimize it more, but looking at system requirements, they really are focused on newer modern 64 bit machines only.

Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:29 pm

There's no vertical zooming, so no chance to make channels smaller, so you can have (at least here on 17") 18 tracks before you need to start scrolling around

Also making fade in/out's is lousy, guess I'm gonna stumble upon many stuff when I start getting deeper into it.

Thing with this "fun" DAW's is they focus so much on "fun" side, they forget to take care of standard ones first, same with MuLab, I sooo wanted to use that DAW primarily, but it's not delivering as your only DAW, but fun side one for throwing ideas out, there's no freezing in it, audio editing sucks and so on.  

But on other hand this is so fun and instant, everything click away and there, I never saw any DAW that have so quick navigation (without using shortcuts and this is quickest with using them) and so spot on windows placement, windows jumping from bottom, left and right, it's all there where it should be, niceee

It seems Bitwig consumes resources like mad, no matter what machine you have, it's a hog, devs should really tighten up the code
Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 pm

hello, Zeljko Smile,
@Zeljko wrote:
no vertical zooming
you need to start scrolling around
fade in/outs is lousy
they focus so much on "fun" side
they forget to take care of standard ones first
little bit saddening to hear this, hopefully all of these problems will be taken care of in later versions, then the fun factor in its usage will be there again. Smile
have not tried the available releases yet, certainly will wait with the purchase for the one where the modular section is already included, then plus one added bug fix release. Smile
@Zeljko wrote:
Bitwig consumes resources like mad
no matter what machine you have, it's a hog
being the non-programmer that this here me is, can not even guess why they needed to use java for the program, perhaps the mutliplatform architecture requirements have made them do it, hoping for easy portability, really can not see the better efficiency in this decision, might it be that it works very differently on less layered operation systems than windows? silent
@Zeljko wrote:
with MuLab
sooo wanted to use that primarily
not delivering as your only
fun side one for throwing ideas out
there's no freezing in it
audio editing sucks
probably accepting the fact but using it in every other possible way is the solution, because those muxes sound exceptionally good, flexible in their working too, no way there is another tool yet with even similarly placed complexity balance. Smile
there are couple of nodes that would make it easier to make more complex modules, mainly in the effect region, all about this has been brought up on their forum, will be seen. Smile
as for freezing, am sure you have read about all the available workarounds, little bit more complicated than the real function, then the audio editing, that is really not its strength, there is no help in that, except defining the outside program to work on these tasks in, then loading back the edited material, also more tedious than needed indeed. Smile
@Zeljko wrote:
on other hand this is so fun and instant
everything click away and there
so quick navigation
so spot on windows placement
all there where it should be
like it as it is, verily say that unto you, eagerly waiting for v7.x.x, there has been one thread on kvr about the functions most wanted into it, will see which couple has been able to make it into the plans then into the release. bounce

already for quite some long interval wanted to ask you, if am allowed to, which one of these mutools gems, mulab, mux, the one you use more? Question

till later, with best of the best wished for here, to you...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 pm

One thing is sure, there's no perfect&cheap DAW solution

Last night introduced my buddy to Bitwig, he likes it too, at this point I think I will show him every DAW there is and let him reach to one that makes most sense to him from the get go  

@nadirtozenith wrote:
hello, Zeljko :)already for quite some long interval wanted to ask you, if am allowed to, which one of these mutools gems, mulab, mux, the one you use more? Question

Guess MuLab, but not that much these days, if I had license for MUX I would use it inside of Reaper for sure, I'm digging MuSynth, but some of the custom made presets/modules are great too

Initially MuLab was the DAW I gave out to everyone and all initial ideas for that crowd was done with it and it's still the DAW I would like to get beat on for further work, overall they like it visually and default template gives them what they expect (drum machine foremost), it's not complicated to grasp the basics and to navigate around, it uses almost the same amount of RAM as Reaper in idle and nice idea can be done considering quality of modules and their CPU usage (some of these guys have older machines), also they can do plenty before they cross free limit and initiate the white noise bursts
Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:23 am

hello, Zeljko Very Happy,
@Zeljko wrote:
will show him every there is
let him reach to one that makes most sense to him
would add, if am allowed, besides making him see which one is best for which stage of the whole working process, some background information about the place occupied by each case in the industry, but rigorously at that level only, in order not to make any impression on him, perhaps also adding that this should not make any change in his perception of each program that there exist.
ooooops, nearly forgot, just for basic mixing in it, me thinks you should show him mixbus by harrison.
another thing crossing me mind, do you have lounge lizard by applied acoustics systems, not the v4.x.x series but the earlier, v3.x.x or v2.x.x plug-ins, because there exists one small sound bank done by me for those growling basses, sub basses even, usable in hip hop, rap, etc. playing on the lowest keys even, click free but sounding with very e-piano-like lows, the v4.x.x series can not do that any more, that is why the question, naturally, if needed, will be shared, with couple of tips or tricks in their intended usage.
@Zeljko wrote:
MuLab
but not that much these days
if I had license for MUX I would use it inside of Reaper for sure
Initially MuLab was the DAW I gave out to everyone
all initial ideas for that crowd was done with it
still the DAW I would like to get beat on for further work
overall they like it visually and default template gives them what they expect (drum machine foremost)
not complicated to grasp the basics and to navigate around
they can do plenty before they cross free limit
me sees, thank you for your response, me still needs to try out mux in another workstation host, until now, working just on that demonstration project mentioned, oooooh fuck, already months ago, fuck, mulab has been serving with all the required possibilities, had no time to play around with only the instrument, for just itself.
have seen, somewhat earlier, the programs, but it was you pointing me to the more seriously taken considerations about these gems, for what me will be obliged to you for ever, plus then some couple of life times.
can not help but somehow me sees some strange parallels in the thinking, in the working, in the personalities, of the two developers, Jo, Urs, similar vision perceptible here, even if in very different areas of developmental tasks.
<rant mode switch>
ooooops, if, when you want to, if, when, you have the time, to jump in to audioz, check, read, the three threads about all the releases of the things done by urs heckmann, you will have your day made by some of the comments, sorry for being malicious about some people, all of us need to begin to learn things, but please, please, please, at first have to, rather, learn to use the brain one is endowed with, in order to being able to work out workarounds, becoming able to do some low level problem solving, always less and less people seem to be at any level of such virtues nowadays, seems the first thing to solve one problem is not to think about it, but throwing up couple of half intelligible lines somewhere on the internet, then getting mad because the question is ridiculed, then getting back on those people who perhaps have misunderstood the badly put up silly questions, still no solution, but half page of idiotistic dribble, why?
can not remember seeing you, loads of other people also, me too, to ask anything, because all of us have learnt to solve problems already loads earlier, have learnt to rely on ourselves, these are the most valuable traits one has to use most in our daily work, in this industry even more, not getting answers, correct or not, but always from the outside, from strangers, who might or just might not know what they talk about.
people can be, are too, in younger age, but if they do not, will not, learn to do these things by themselves, what kind of adults will they become, except half baked experts in flipping burgers?
</rant mode switch>

all the best for all of us, best to you even more, will be back somewhat later...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

@nadirtozenith wrote:
ooooops, nearly forgot, just for basic mixing in it, me thinks you should show him mixbus by harrison.

I'm the mixing guy in the picture, so choice should be easier for him at least

Quote :
another thing crossing me mind, do you have lounge lizard by applied acoustics systems, not the v4.x.x series but the earlier, v3.x.x or v2.x.x plug-ins, because there exists one small sound bank done by me for those growling basses, sub basses even, usable in hip hop, rap, etc. playing on the lowest keys even, click free but sounding with very e-piano-like lows, the v4.x.x series can not do that any more, that is why the question, naturally, if needed, will be shared, with couple of tips or tricks in their intended usage.

Quote :
can not help but somehow me sees some strange parallels in the thinking, in the working, in the personalities, of the two developers, Jo, Urs, similar vision perceptible here, even if in very different areas of developmental tasks

Yeah, they both seems on top of their game and down to earth too

Quote :
all the best for all of us, best to you even more, will be back somewhat later...

Nothing less to you
Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:14 am

@Zeljko wrote:
am the mixing guy in the picture
choice should be easier for him at least
this, certainly, is the best choice, then if, when, he becomes more eager to know more about all the stages of work to be done till the finished track, there will be every possibility to show him around. Smile

you have quoted this paragraph from the message before:
-----8<-----snip-----8<-----
if you need whether the program or the small bank, or even some bass lines rendered with these timbres, please just drop couple of characters here, will do accordingly. Smile
@Zeljko wrote:
they both seems on top of their game
down to earth too
they both are also very clever in their targeting the level of the restrictions in their stuff, seems to me, except in client serving environments, all of their products are fully usable for any of the tasks intended to be done with them, be it sound design, be it track recording, etc., that small noise coming from the plug-ins by Urs, for example, by driving the output stage somewhat harder then pulling back on the output level becomes nearly dismissable, then rendering the tracks with the normal settings, doing it twice then compositing from these the usable one, even the uncracked demonstration versions are perfectly there in solo work at home studios. Smile
never regretted becoming legitimate with all the stuff by Urs, though, because all their products are worth even the last fucking penny, except perhaps the government tax, which is not their doing. Smile

all right, this for now, will be back, till that wish you the best for the day...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:43 pm

@nadirtozenith wrote:

you have quoted this paragraph from the message before:
if you need whether the program or the small bank, or even some bass lines rendered with these timbres, please just drop couple of characters here, will do accordingly. Smile

Wow., that's weird, I did to ask you if you could post them by any chance in "Soundware" section and now i remember I did, because I got auto correct on soudnware too when I wrote that before, so yeah

Quote :
never regretted becoming legitimate with all the stuff by Urs, though, because all their products are worth even the last fucking penny, except perhaps the government tax, which is not their doing. Smile

Top notch stuff, I still don't know what to get, overall all their stuff is not overlapping with each other that much, so yeah, get them all, but I'm between Hive, Diva and Zebra, funny enough, my buddy seems to like Spire the most, even before he knew how to change the sound or anything, he was set his eyes on it, yeah it looks easy on the eyes with big knobs and sliders, after he heard how it sounds, yeah, it was it for him.

Quote :
all right, this for now, will be back, till that wish you the best for the day...

Nothing less than that from me
Back to top Go down
nadirtozenith
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 am

@Zeljko wrote:
post them in soundware section
done, in soundbanks, presets, thread is titled basses sub basses etc. Very Happy
@Zeljko wrote:
top notch stuff
would it be better to open one new thread about the instruments made by Urs Heckmann, then continuing there, or better just answering here? Question

till later, the best for all of us...
Back to top Go down
Zeljko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:22 pm

@nadirtozenith wrote:

done, in soundbanks, presets, thread is titled basses sub basses etc. Very Happy

Awesome      

Quote :
would it be better to open one new thread about the instruments made by Urs Heckmann, then continuing there, or better just answering here? Question

Great idea, see you there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?   Today at 7:20 am

Back to top Go down

Bitwig for my hip hop buddy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1